The ongoing discussion about Industry 4.0 is often referred to from a micro or company-internal perspective. However, the concept of Industry 4.0 can only unfold its benefits if suppliers and customers are interconnected across the entire supply chain and the concept itself in fact relates to a horizontal and vertical integration across the value chain. In this course, participants will get an insight on the specific challenges and benefits of Industry 4.0 implementation cross the entire supply chain. The course aims to provide participants with technical and theoretical background knowledge relevant to make decisions on a managerial level in supply chain management.
- Relevant technologies and technological challenges for Industry 4.0 in logistics and supply chains.
- Managerial challenges of Industry 4.0 implementation in supply chains, such as such as the integration of small and medium-sized enterprises or multi-tier supply chain management
- Prerequisites and targets for data exchange in supply chains.
- Changing buyer-supplier relationships, supply chain designs, and further implications.
- Concepts such as ecosystems in Industry 4.0, risk-benefit sharing and common strategies for entire supply chains rather than individual actors.
- Practical examples for implementation projects.
You may like...
5 teaching hours